Tamara Knight has been a competitive athlete for 38 years (from the age of 11!). Initially as a cyclist, and then a long distance runner, the bodybuilding bug bit her at age 19.
Since then, Tamara has added decades of experience and a myriad of credentials to her resume, including the title of 2009 overall masters and open bodybuilding champion, as well as being a 5 time national athlete. Moreover, Tamara is a certified sports nutritionist, personal trainer, strength and conditioning coach and exercise and rehab therapy coach.
I didn’t realize it in the beginning, but my enthusiasm and dedication to health and fitness was inspiring another lady to also come to the gym before work. She was very shy and overweight and came to me one morning to tell me “knowing that you will be here every morning makes me get my butt out of bed and come too”. What a great feeling that was for me! I soon realized that I wanted to share my same enthusiasm for nutrition and fitness and help others achieve their goals.
Since 2006, Tamara has been a full time sports coach through her own company and gym ‘Tzone Fitness’. Tamara coached 2 clients to the IFBB Pro ranks in 2018!
In addition to all of this, Tamara promotes two Canadian Physique Alliance (CPA) events, is a loving mom to 2 boys and 4 dogs, and a ski addict. 5 months out of the year she can be found at her second home on Big White.
- ISSA ELITE TRAINER
- CFT Certified Fitness Trainer (ISSA)
- SSN Specialist in Sports and Performance Nutrition (ISSA)
- SET Specialist in ExerciseTherapy (ISSA)
- SSC Specialist in Strength and Conditioning (ISSA)
- Sports Nutrition (Human Kinetics)
- 2016 CBBF National Physique Championships 9th Place Open Physique B, 16th Place Masters
- 2015 BC Provincial Championships – 3rd Place Master’s Physique, 3rd Place Open Physique B
- 2014 CBBF Canadian National Physique Championships 16th Place Masters Physique B, 12th Place Open Physique B
- 2014 BC Provincial Championships – 2nd Place Masters Physique, 3rd Place Tall Physique
- 2012 CBBF Canadian National Bodybuilding Championships – 8th Place Heavyweight and 7th place Heavyweight Masters
- 2011 BC Provincial Bodybuilding Championships – 2nd Place Women’s Heavyweight.
- 2010 BC Provincial Bodybuilding Championships– 1st Place Master’s, 3rd Place Women’s Heavyweight. Qualified for Canadian Bodybuilding Championships
- 2009 Sandra Wickham Fall Classic (SWFC) – 1st Place Heavyweight, 1st Place Master’s, Best Poser and Overall Champion